Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Getting started M45

  1. #11
    Inactive Member civiconboost's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2001
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm currently running a d16y8 w/ a JRSC @ 8psi:

    -55psi static fuel pressure(I need to lower it)
    -Walbro Gss-342 fuel pump
    -160* thermostat
    -Timing at 10* BTDC on 91 octane
    -Hondata intake manifold gasket race setup (being shippped)
    -colder spark plugs
    -stock injectors
    =150whp untuned

    So far I haven't had any audible detonation in this 100+ degree weather here in cali. I would recommend a bigger fuel pump, larger injectors, and a way to lower your static fuel pressure. A stand alone system would be the way to go.
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member replica667's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2002
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can someone explain the jrsc map mod? I understand that it lowers "tip in" detonation. What causes tip in detonation? Is it due to the sudden increase of power in the engine and the air/fuel timing is playing catch-up for a second?

    Does the map mod compensate for the sudden deprevation and fix the fuel curve? Maybe I'm way off. All these buzz words are killing me. Does the octane rating make that much of a difference? I've been filling it up with 93 so I hope that helps.
    This weekend if all goes to plan a JR liquid intercooler will call my engine bay its home along with a fpr and some copper V NGK's one heat range colder (6). Aside from bolt-ons I think my car will be on the right track. [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 31, 2002 12:50 PM: Message edited by: replica667 ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •